Subject: p166
From: videoman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 00:12:31 -0800

>It's my understanding that the 166MHz Pentium design was optimized
>specifically for 32 bit code, more so than the 133MHz chip. I think it   
would

>Hmmm. I thought that was just the new penitum pro chips that were   
>optimized in this was (I may be wrong though).

I think your right, the pentium pro, 150Mhz, 200Mhz (prolly more those are
the ones I know) Are built to work with NT and will take a hit on non-32 bit
OS's (encluding win95 it seems).

The P166 is, as far as I know just a faster clock speed than the P75, P90,
P100, P120, P133.. etc. And so would not have the same limitation/advantage
of a pentium pro.  

I hear new "mutimedia" pentium chips with some sort of 3D or maybe video
stuff built in. 

____________________________________________________________________________
|   -== When Dreams Become Reality ==-                    -= IM Design=-   |
|"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""|"""""""""""""""""""""|""""""""""""""""""""|
|     [email-masked]       | FTP: ftp.netcom.com |  Video Production  |
|   [email-masked]   |DIR: pub/vi/videoman |  3D Graphics & DTP |
|                     WEB PAGE: http://www.win.net/3d-video/               |
| Pentium - Amiga - Design - HTML - 3D - Graphics - DTP - Mutimedia - Art  |
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""